Estimate Works Estimator forms are designed specifically for exterior or interior painting estimates. For each room or area just select a description, enter the dimensions then add the job items for the area either individually or by loading a pre-defined 'system'.
Estimator forms have the following features:
Copy Room/Area - Starts a new room/area with the list of job items in the current room/area.
Copy All - Starts a new room/area with all information for the current room/area including description, dimensions, the list of job items etc.
Select Room/Area Description - Select an appropriate description for the area or room from the list, type the description you want right into the field or add a new default description to the list.
Select Room Sizes (Interior form) - Enter the room dimensions by typing into the boxes, or using the spin buttons. The total wall and ceiling sizes will be calculated automatically. The total wall and ceiling dimensions can also be edited by typing into the appropriate boxes. These dimensions are used in the reports and to enter a default quantity for the individual items selected for that room.
Wall/Gable Width x Height (Exterior form) - Enter the area dimensions by typing into the boxes, or using the spin buttons. The total wall (or deck) area will be calculated automatically. The total wall/deck area can also be edited by typing into the appropriate box. These dimensions are used in the reports and to enter a default quantity for the individual items selected for that area.
Select Job Items - For each room or area on the estimate, select the individual items for the area. The fields are described below:
- Select Type - Select the type of item first as this controls the list of items that are loaded into the Select Description field as well as the default units.
- Select Description - Select the item from the list. The rest of the fields in the row will automatically be completed with the default rates for the item selected. To edit the defaults in these lists, either click on the row after the item Type has already been selected with the right mouse button or select the appropriate type on the 'Rates and Settings' tab.
- Qty - The quantity field will be automatically
completed according to the total area dimensions and the Type of
item selected. This field can be edited by clicking on the field and
typing in a new quantity, or selecting a new quantity from the
- Wall, Ceiling, Floor default quantities are based on the total sq.ft. or sq.m. amounts in the room/area sizes.
- Trim, Baseboard (Interior) default quantities are based on the total lineal measurement of the room.
- Trim, Soffit (Exterior) default quantities are based on the lineal width of the wall or the length of the gable if the gable measurements are completed.
- Windows, Doors and Extra quantities are per each.
- Unit - The units for the Type selected.
- Coats - The number of coats for the application selected. If you don't want the number of coats to appear on the printed estimate/contract, select 'n/a' from the list. The calculations will be made as though one coat was selected, but the amount will not be printed.
- Rate - The price per unit for the item. This can be edited for this item by clicking on the Rate field and typing a new rate.
- Adj - The adjustment factor for the item. The cost for items can be adjusted based on the difficulty of the item The adjustment amount is based on the percentage defined on the Company Information form (see Setting Company Defaults for more info).
- Color or Comment - A free text field to enter an information (max 255 chars).
- Hours - A calculated field based on the application rate for the item as set on the Materials and Rate Settings form.
- Total - The total calculated amount for the item.
Load System - For each room or area on the estimate, select a pre-defined list of materials and rates. If you adjust the room dimensions after loading the system/assembly, click the 'Update Items' button to reload the quantities for each item.
Set System - Set a pre-defined system or assembly based on the list of items for the current room/area. The new system/assembly will include the materials descriptions, rates and number of coats per the current room/area.
Update Items - Reload the quantities of the job items based on the current room/area dimensions where the item quantities are based on square or lineal measurements.
Convert Estimates to Contracts