When you first download Estimate Works, or install Estimate Works from a CD-ROM, the following main components will be installed on your system.
- Estimate Works program startup file (EstimateWorks.exe) - installed to the directory you specified during the install wizard (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Estimate Works V6\).
- Estimate Works Word template file (EstimateWorks.dotm) - installed to the directory you specified during the install wizard (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Estimate Works V6\).
- Estimate Works database (estimate.mdb) - installed to the sub directory 'db' (usually C:\Users\Public\Documents\Estimate Works V6\db\). If you have the Enterprise version of Estimate Works for multiple users, you can change the database being read by the software to another database located on your network (see Setting the Data Source for more information on this topic).
- Estimate templates - installed to the sub directory 'templates' (usually C:\Users\Public\Documents\Estimate Works V6\Templates\).
- Report Files - installed to the directory you specified during the install wizard followed by the sub directory reports (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Estimate Works V6\Reports\).
When you first run Estimate Works™ you may be presented with a "Security Warning" bar below the main toolbar.
To add DevWave Software Inc. as a trusted source, follow the appropriate link below:
For current Version see: Macro Security Word 2007-2016
For earlier Versions see: Macro Security Word 2000-2003
Default Rates and Settings:
To start using the program, it is necessary to ensure that the default settings for your company are set correctly. Read the Setting Defaults - Company Defaults sections before you begin.
Estimate Works is shipped with a number of default rates that are based on nationally published amounts. Rates can be edited and new items added as needed. Read the Setting Defaults - Setting Item Rates sections for more information.
Creating an Estimate:
For an overview on creating an estimate see Producing Painting Estimates.